Friday 3 January 2014

What The Class Members say.......Part 6

1. How long have you been practicing yoga?

Most recently for 3 years.  I had previously practiced yoga for a period of 5 years.

2.       What do you feel you get out of your yoga practice? 
I learn the art of relaxation so in times of stress or anxiety I can call upon the techniques.  I also learn to control my breathing which helps me to maintain the postures.  I enjoy the small improvements I have made particularly in posture and suppleness.
 
3.       How do you feel your life has changed since you have been doing a regular yoga practice?
A sense of wellbeing because I am aware of my improving ability to relax and keep supple.
 
4.       What is your favourite posture and why?
 
My favourite posture is warrior as I feel strong, grounded and well stretched.  My second favourite is sphinx which is a great back stretch.
 
5.       What would you say to someone who is thinking about attending yoga for the first time and a little afraid to take that first step?
Come along and try it.  Everyone works to their own level.  There is no competition to reach a particular standard.  There are lots of variations of postures for varying abilities.  You will find you are better at some postures than others.  Give it a good few weeks or months before you decide if it is for you as each week is different.
 
Questions kindly answered by another one of our regular class attendees who hardly ever misses a session!  Thanks to Katy Wride x
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment